Please listen to my interview (click above) with Westchester Planning Commissioner Norma Drummond on my WVOX Radio Show this week. We discuss the 2020 Federal Census required by the U.S. Constitution every decade. Commissioner Drummond, who is supervising the count in our county, provides excellent information to help you complete your role in the 2020 Census.
PLEASE BE ADVISED that next week the Census Bureau is sending out an official letter to households across our nation. How do you know if it’s authentic? Look for the following:
- “U.S. Census Bureau” in the return address or “U.S. Department of Commerce” which is the Census Bureau’s parent agency.
- Jeffersonville, IN as the return address. The Census Bureau has a mail processing center located there.
- It is NOT addressed personally to you.
- Households will receive an invitation in this letter to complete the 2020 Census online (first time ever), by phone, or by mail.
- The enclosed envelope to mail back a completed paper questionnaire will be addressed to Jeffersonville, IN or Phoenix, AZ.
- Don’t just ignore it! The Census will keep sending you letters until you comply or send someone to your house. When you comply, you will not hear further from the Census Bureau – you will be done!
Lastly, if you are contacted by anyone – via phone, email, mail, or at your door – that you believe is engaged in Census related fraud, please contact the Consumer Protection Department ASAP at 914-995-2155 or ConPro@westchestergov.com.
LINK TO INTERVIEW: https://soundcloud.com/jimmaisano/wvox-2020-census-interview